I’m super excited about our guest today. One of great blokes of the game & another Salt of the earth Country boy, born in Young & grew up in a small town just down the road from Young in a town called Boorowa, NSW. He played for 13 seasons in the NRL totalling 202 games at the top which is no mean feat considering he played in the number 9 jersey for the majority of those games & played nearly 80 mins in all those 202 games. Playing for the Canberra Raiders where he won the Raiders rookie of the year in 1990. Also playing for the North QLD Cowboys, NZ Warriors & South Sydney Rabbits the year they re entered back into the competition in 2002 till 2004. And after his long & successful career in the NRL he now owns his own Gym on the Northern Beaches of Sydney. No other than, Jason (The Doctor) Death!
- When playing in the NRL a lot of people tell you what you want to hear & blow wind up your backside & when you retire its a bit like no one wants to know you or you don't get all the encouragement & pats on the back
- Struggles with missing the comradery between team mates & being out of the loop. Need to surround yourself positive people/ Mentor to help you through this
- Find a mentor to help you & give your guidance who has your best interest at heart. And also give you true & honest input. People you can trust to give you good advice
- Life is hard - mortgage, homelife, wife, Kids, work, finding a balance. Footy was easy & everything was done for you.
- Got to accept & deal with setbacks & move on & overcome the setbacks. The Death of his dad, a business that went bad. Now jason has learnt from the tough times & now running his successful Concept 42 Gym on the northern Beaches of Sydney.
- The harder you work the luckier you become. Set your goals & work hard towards those goals & opportunities appear. But hard work must come first & be generous
- Jason read a book called "The Rise & rise of Alan Bond" which had a positive impact on him becoming a business owner
Jason's company website - https://concept42.com.au/